Discover the 7 best Shopify customer service apps to keep your customers happy & boost sales. Learn the key features to decide which app is right for your business.
Shopify is one of the best tools for taking your shop online. It's also one of the most popular, second only to WooCommerce. That means there's a good chance your competitors are using Shopify as well. By itself, the Shopify experience can be underpowered. It comes with the necessities, and not much else, which can make it difficult to stand apart from your competitors.
That's where third-party apps come in. In this post, we'll walk you through some of the best Shopify customer service apps to help you provide a better support system to your customers.
But first - why?
Customer service and Shopify: The key to growth
Experienced shop owners no doubt know that customer service is one of the key elements to your business's growth.
According to HubSpot (a company that knows a thing or two about sales), improving your customer retention through customer support can dramatically increase your sales. Even a 5% bump in your retention rate can boost your profits by 25% thanks to repeat purchases and word-of-mouth sales.
While a great product might get customers talking, great customer service almost guarantees it.
It's here where you start to:
- build customer loyalty,
- turn negative experiences into positive experiences, and,
- demonstrate your brand's values.
7 Shopify customer service apps to boost your sales
To achieve all of these goals and more, you're going to want something a bit more robust than what the vanilla version of Shopify has to offer. Below are some of our favorite Shopify apps for customer service, starting with a classic.
ZenDesk is used by some of the biggest names on the internet, including Slack, Uber, and even Shopify themselves. And for good reason! It tracks customer support tickets across email, social media, mobile devices, and the web.
It's packed with features like integration and omnichannel reporting as well, making it a one-stop solution for most businesses' needs.
- ZenDesk's Support Suite is a complete set of software that covers all of your needs in a single application.
- ZenDesk builds a profile on your customers so that your customer support team can work with relevant, updated information.
Robin's approach to customer support is a conversational one. And this makes sense, as casual interactions perform the best when it comes to Millennial and Gen Z interactions.
To build on this goal, Robin removes traditional features like tickets and queues in favor of instant routing based on keywords and questions. The result is customers getting to chat with the right representative as quickly as possible.
- Robin uses automated answers to deflect customer support interactions that don't need to take place.
- Customer co-browsing allows your support team to see what your customers are seeing, reducing confusion over text-based conversations.
Gorgias is one of the best customer support apps for Shopify because it was built to tailor to Shopify users. Meaning, they really understand all your shop’s needs!
It's one of the most modern solutions on this list, allowing customers to interact with your support team instantly through your website, social media, and even your ads.
- Gorgias tracks your sales and customer support tickets across social media, your ads, and your website, providing the most comprehensive view into your sales possible.
- By enabling your support team to interact with customers directly from your social media ads, you can increase your ad effectiveness by the same amount as a 5% increase in ad spending.
If you manage multiple Shopify stores, then UVdesk might be for you.
It offers services like email and task management, automation, and customer follow up.
- If you're already using a help desk system and would like to move to UVdesk, UVdesk's built-in migration feature will make it a seamless, fast process for your entire team.
- UVdesk offers a high-level of control over your branding by allowing you to build custom themes, forms, and workflows.
Collecting data from your customers is just one way to get a better read on what they like, dislike, and want. Another way is through surveys, which is something Customer Guru has mastered.
Customer Guru makes it easy to create and send surveys to your customer base, with tools and reports to help you understand the results that you gather.
- Customer Guru users typically see between 40% and 60% response rates vs. the standard 3% to 5%.
- The ease of Customer Guru's template allows you to create and send a survey in just five minutes.
- Importantly, Customer Guru's service is scalable to Shopify Plus customers, so even large enterprises can make use of this app.
6. Return Magic
No one enjoys the return or refund process. For your customers, it's a hassle sparked by dissatisfaction; for you, it's the loss of a sale. So the last thing you want is for this process to be marked by unnecessary frustration and sluggishness.
Unfortunately, those two words describe the vast majority of return systems.
That's where Return Magic comes in.
It's a third-party app that allows you to build a fully-branded portal for your customer returns. It handles card and cash refunds and is a great way to build trust with your customers.
- Automate your return processing and shipping label creation
- Use automatic or manual approval, depending on your preferences
One of the most important components of selling through an online platform — especially to your customers — is the time it takes for a product to arrive. Ideally, this should be as fast and stress-free as possible.
Tracking Genie is a Shopify app that removes most of the stress tied to shipping, for you and your customers.
It provides clear, real-time shipping updates without the typical hassle of keeping up with a tracking number. This can significantly reduce the number of emails your support team gets, especially if you're drop-shipping.
- Removes the need for tracking numbers
- Starts working immediately after being installed; no code required
Want to take your customer support to the next level?
Bradza offers always available customer service agents for your Shopify store.
Our rapid response times and automated solutions make it effortless to provide the efficient and friendly support your customers deserve.